theScore Bet – Indiana Specific Terms
Updated: August 24, 2020
Indiana Specific Terms
- Purpose and Scope
- Excluded Persons
- A member of the IGC;
- An employee of the IGC;
- An agent of the IGC;
- The spouse of any member, employee or agent of the IGC;
Except that a member, employee, or agent of the commission may participate in sports wagering if that person:
- has received the written authorized from the IGC’s executive director or the executive director’s designee to participate in sports wagering as part of the person’s employment; and
- is participating only to the extent authorized.
- Underage Gambling
In Indiana, a person who is under twenty-one (21) years of age is prohibited from participating in Internet or mobile gambling. SDSVI takes its age-verification responsibility very seriously. SDSVI carries out age-verification checks on all customers at the time of Account creation. SDSVI will ask for information to verify your age and identity (including requesting a copy of a government issued identification) and can restrict or suspend your Account until your age and identity are confirmed. By signing up for an Account, you consent to SDSVI’s confirmation of your age and identity. Please note that anyone under the permitted age for participating in Internet or mobile gambling found to be using the Services may be reported to law enforcement and be subject to other legal penalties.
- Prohibited Participants
- No Use Outside of Indiana
In Indiana, it is a federal offence for persons physically located outside the State of Indiana to engage in Internet wagering through an Indiana casino, except as explicitly authorized by the IGC.
In the event of there being a dispute over the time at which a wager was placed or whether a wager has been placed, then the time at which it was recorded (if recorded) on the transactional log will govern settlement. If an attempted wager was not recorded on the transactional log, no wager shall be deemed to have been placed. You should check your Account balance each time you visit the Services. If you have any concerns or complaints, please contact email@example.com. Your concerns and/or complaint will be reviewed by SDSVI and SDSVI will respond to you within ten (10) days after receipt.
If you feel you have exhausted all reasonable means to resolve your complaint, you may contact the IGC after the above ten (10) day period by emailing the IGC at SWPC@igc.IN.gov.
- Placing Wagers
By offering to place a wager with SDSVI, and as a condition of SDSVI accepting your wager, you represent and warrant, that you are not a “prohibited sports wagering participant” as defined in IC 4-38-9-3(5).
- Dormant Accounts
In Indiana, Accounts are deemed “dormant” if the user has not logged in to the System within any Permitted Jurisdiction during a three (3) year period. Dormant Accounts will be opted out of all bonuses in accordance with the Special Rules. In accordance with applicable laws and regulations, unclaimed balances in dormant Accounts may be forfeited.
- Responsible Gaming
Enjoy legal online gaming and sports betting responsibly and sensibly. SDSVI offers a range of options that can be used to manage your gaming activity at any time. Please visit the Patron Protection and Responsible Gaming page (https://thescore.bet/rg) for more details. Please visit https://www.in.gov/igc/2867.htm for more information on the internet self restriction program which enables individuals to request to be barred from participating in licensed mobile sports wagering in Indiana.
In Indiana, if you or someone you know has a gambling problem and wants help, the following confidential resources are available 24/7:
- Indiana Problem Gambling Help: http://indianagamblinghelp.com/, 1-800-9-WITH-IT
- National Council on Problem Gambling: https://www.ncpgambling.org/, 1-800-522-4700
- Indiana Prohibited Wagers
Wagers on the following events are prohibited in Indiana (each an “Indiana Prohibited Event”):
- Collegiate events that are not NCAA Division I sports (for college football, NCAA Division I includes both Football Bowl Subdivision and Football Championship Subdivision).
- In-play, collegiate player proposition wagers.
- In-play wagers for professional and collegiate sporting events that are not settled or completed at natural game, contest breaks, or at specified times and event in a game or match.
Indiana Prohibited Events will not include events that are otherwise approved by the IGC.