theScore Bet – Colorado Specific Terms
Updated: August 24, 2020
Colorado Specific Terms
- Purpose and Scope
- Excluded Persons
- Underage Gambling
In Colorado, a person who is under twenty-one (21) years of age is prohibited from depositing funds or participating in Internet or mobile gambling. SDSVI takes its age-verification responsibility very seriously. SDSVI carries out age-verification checks on all customers at the time of Account creation. SDSVI will ask for information to verify your age and identity (including requesting a copy of a government issued identification) and can restrict or suspend your Account until your age and identity are confirmed. By signing up for an Account, you consent to SDSVI’s confirmation of your age and identity. Please note that anyone under the permitted age for participating in Internet or mobile gambling found to be using the Services may be reported to law enforcement and be subject to other legal penalties.
- Prohibited Participants
- any individual placing a wager as an agent or proxy, other than those individuals involved in contests and/or weekly picks approved by the CDG pursuant to Rule 6.20;
- any person who is an athlete, coach, referee, player, in, or on, any sports event overseen by that person’s sports governing body based on a list provided to SDSVI by that person’s sports governing body through the CDG and/or publicly available information;
- a person who holds a position of authority or influence sufficient to exert influence over the participants in a sports contest, including, but not limited to, coaches, managers, handlers, or athletic trainers based on a list provided to SDSVI by that person’s sports governing body through the CDG;
- a person under the age of 21;
- a person with access to certain types of exclusive information on any sports event overseen by that person’s sports governing body based on publicly available information, or based on a list provided to SDSVI by that person’s sports governing body through the CDG.
Prohibited Participants must refrain from engaging in sports betting in Colorado and must disclose his or her status as a Prohibited Participant to all relevant persons and/or governing bodies. Failure to comply may result in disciplinary action up to and including criminal prosecution.
- No Use Outside of Colorado
In Colorado, it is a federal offence for persons physically located outside the State of Colorado to engage in Internet wagering through a Colorado casino, except as explicitly authorized by the CLGCC and the CDG.
In the event of there being a dispute over the time at which a wager was placed or whether a wager has been placed, then the time at which it was recorded (if recorded) on the transactional log will govern settlement. If an attempted wager was not recorded on the transactional log, no wager shall be deemed to have been placed. You should check your Account balance each time you visit the Services. If you have any concerns or complaints, please contact email@example.com. Your concerns and/or complaint will be reviewed by SDSVI and SDSVI will respond to you within ten (10) days after receipt.
If you feel you have exhausted all reasonable means to resolve your complaint, you may contact the CDG after the above ten (10) day period by filling out the Colorado Division of Gaming’s Complaint by Gaming Patron Form at https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/enforcement/node/62661 or by contacting the CDG at:
Colorado Division of Gaming
17301 W. Colfax Ave., Suite 135
Golden, CO 80401
- Placing Wagers
By offering to place a wager with SDSVI, and as a condition of SDSVI accepting your wager, you represent and warrant, that you are not a “prohibited sports betting participant” as defined in 1 CCR 207-2 Rule 6.11.
- Dormant Accounts
In Colorado, in accordance with 1 CCR 207-2 Rule 7.11(12), Accounts are deemed “dormant” if the user has not logged into the user’s account for at least three (3) years. Dormant Accounts will be closed and opted out of all bonuses in accordance with the Special Rules. In accordance with 1 CCR 207-2 Rule 7.11(13) and subject to the provisions of Colorado Revised Statute 38-13-201, any funds that remain in a dormant Account shall be presumed abandoned to the office of the Colorado Department of the Treasury. At least sixty (60) days prior to reporting dormant Account funds abandoned to the Colorado Department of the Treasury, SDSVI shall provide notice to the user’s last known physical or email address in an attempt to locate the user and to notify the user that the Account will become dormant and closed, and all remaining funds on the dormant Account will be deemed abandoned and delivered to the Colorado Department of the Treasury unless the user (i) logs into his/her Account; or (ii) requests a withdrawal of funds from the Account, prior to the date upon which the Account becomes dormant.
- Responsible Gaming
Enjoy legal online gaming and sports betting responsibly and sensibly. SDSVI offers a range of options that can be used to manage your gaming activity at any time. Please visit the Patron Protection and Responsible Gaming page (https://thescore.bet/rg) for more details.
In Colorado, if you or someone you know has a gambling problem and wants help, the following confidential resources are available 24/7:
- The Problem Gambling Coalition of Colorado: https://problemgamblingcolorado.org/, 1-800-522-4700
- National Council on Problem Gambling: https://www.ncpgambling.org/, 1-800-522-4700
- Colorado Prohibited Wagers
Wagers on the following events are prohibited in Colorado (each a “Colorado Prohibited Event”):
- Any high school sports and equivalent level club or specialty sports event;
- An electronic sports (esports) or competitive video game event that is sponsored by high schools, include high school teams, or where a majority of participants are under the age of 18;
- An event involving a video game that is not sanctioned by a sports governing body or equivalent as an electronic competition; and
- Proposition bets on collegiate sports events.
Colorado Prohibited Events will not include events that are otherwise approved by the CDG to be included in the Colorado Approved Catalog of Events and Wagers.